2019 New Solutions
In response to exhibitor concerns about both the predictability and cost of show services, NAB Show Cares is pleased to bring you the following solutions:
- Unlimited Material Handling – saves exhibitors collectively nearly 40% over 2018. No limits on quantity, volume or size, this service includes receipt of materials at the dock, delivery to the booth, storage and return of empty containers, and reloading of materials onto outbound carrier. On your invoice, you will see the amount of freight that you shipped into the show, but it will be listed atno charge. You already paid for this service when you paid for your 2019 exhibit space.
- No Surprise Electrical Pricing – Labor and materials are included in the price of an outlet. Therefore, if you compare your year over year invoice for electrical you will notice that you are not being charged for labor or materials associated with the outlet. Distribution of power within the booth would be billable as electrical booth work labor (see Booth Work below).
- Inclusive Hanging Sign/Rigging Pricing – Hanging supplies are now included in the crew rate. If you compare your year over year invoice for hanging/rigging, you will notice that you are not being charged for supplies.
Explanation of Some Charges You May Have Incurred:
- Shipping – Shipping is different than material handling. You will still pay your carrier to transport your materials to and from the convention center.
- Advance Warehouse Fee – If you took advantage of shipping to the advance warehouse and storing your materials in advance of the show, there is a $6.00 per CWT Fee that you will see on your invoice. There is no additional charge for the transport of materials from the dock to your booth, that service is included in your space fees.
- Booth Work – You may see charges for forklift, freight or booth labor for electrical booth work, which is beyond the scope of material handling and labor. Examples of booth work include lifting headers, positioning displays/equipment, or any work which requires special equipment, such as a crane, and/or any freight which requires assembly, unskidding, uncrating, or unbolting, or stacking as well as distribution of power.
- Off-Target Fees – Given the size and complexity of the show, following the targeted move-in schedule is critical. You were assigned a target move-in day, if your shipment arrived on a day other than your assigned day, you will see an “Off-Target Fee” on your invoice.
Questions or Feedback?
If you have questions about your invoice, please visit the nearest Freeman Exhibitor Service Center or call the Show Site Number at (702) 943-6932.
These solutions are just first steps toward making your experience easier and more cost effective. If you have feedback on these solutions or other suggestions for improvement, please send an email to NABCares.org Representatives are onsite and will follow up with you directly.
NAB Show Cares On Site Bulletin.4.6.19